Skip to main content

communicating ideas

I feel like it’s been a while since I last wrote on my blog so I begin by mentioning that my second module will start on Monday 28th Jan 2019. This Monday ahhhh!!!
I’m still waiting patiently for my feedback and grades from my advisor from my module 1 but I am starting to worry as i haven’t heard anything as of yet. I wonder how I got on and what I need to work on ? I suppose I will recieve some response this weekend or maybe Monday morning.....



Our last Skype session Sunday 2nd December 2018 with the MDX dance community was all about communication, how do we communicate within the classroom or with our students or teachers.
How do I communicate with my students who have special  needs? How do I alter my communication skills within a classroom with toddlers to adults. What do I say differently how do I act ? Do I change my voice tone or body language.

This Skype session really helped me to reflect on my previous teaching experiences and methods as well as acknowledging how I communicate my ideas on paper. 

Things to think about:

Connecting my experience to the theory 
Vocabulary and voice tone 
Dialogue between teacher and student 
I look forward to start my second module and continue to learn and gain experience.

Comments

  1. Hello everyone..Welcome to my free masterclass strategy where i teach experience and inexperience traders the secret behind a successful trade.And how to be profitable in trading I will also teach you how to make a profit of $12,000 USD weekly and how to get back all your lost funds feel free to email me on( brucedavid004@gmail.com ) or whataspp number is +22999290178  


























    Hello everyone..Welcome to my free masterclass strategy where i teach experience and inexperience traders the secret behind a successful trade.And how to be profitable in trading I will also teach you how to make a profit of $12,000 USD weekly and how to get back all your lost funds feel free to email me on( brucedavid004@gmail.com ) or whataspp number is +22999290178  

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

communicating your ideas Sunday 17th November 2019

Unfortunately I had to miss this Skype call but thankfully my classmate filled me in on the dicussion and from what it seems there were many conversions between voice and communication. My classmate had said the call was directed to finding your own voice in different mediums and example of this would be ‘your writing voice’.  I wanted to speak more on communication within an inclusive dance class. For me this is something I sometimes find difficult within my own professional practice. Although I have previously wrote a blog on my communication with disabled dancers I feel like my knowledge has developed and my critical thinking and analyses has improved.  Finding my voice to me is challenging when working with all ages and abilities and this is something I have been challenged with on a day to day basis. A teachers voice is so important within a classroom but how is your voice acknowledged to someone who has an hearing impairment ?  Last week Monday, I taught an open dan...

knowing and learning MAPP Skype session

On Sunday 29th September I had my second group Skype meeting with my class friends and lecturers.   This Skype call was focused on learning and knowing.  I believe to learn is to already acknowledge my own prior experience. It was very interesting to hear other people’s thoughts and opinions on the importance of learning and their own learning cycle.  I feel like I learn by doing, to do is to learn (being active in the moment). This is something I have touched on whilst blogging on David Kolbs learning cycle throughout module 1 and 2 which he calls “a concrete experience”. By reflecting on experiences is learning. In my everyday life as a professional and as a student I feel like there are many ways I am learning. I learn a lot about myself by approaching certain experiences in life whether it’s within an educational setting or outside of studies.  We talked a lot of the process of learning and what we think knowing and learning is.  For me, you learn whilst tea...

ethical approaches

I recently read a book by Earl Babbie (2010) called The practice of social research  which touched on qualitative and quantitive reasesrch and ethical issues.  As I work through my module 2 assignment “inquiry project” I start to look at my research methods and approaches and how to be considerate within my research methods. One of the research methods I will be using is observation and questionnaires. As I continue to look at ethics and what it means to me, I think about the words  ‘considerate’ and ‘confidential’. I’m unsure whether I should lower my standards or opinion for working with people with and with out disabilities. I believe I shouldn’t change the way I teach or change my character. I think about interview approaches and questions I can ask with the thought of being ethical. I am ethical within my professional practise everyday but always push my students to the best of there ability with also thinking about ethical approaches and issues.  Should I be lo...